Posts Tagged ‘hats’
Hat Dash 2011 is officially over! Over 475 users participated, including 93 Zombies (people who last posted over 30 days ago) and 102 Newbies (first-time posters). 1152 questions were asked, 2259 answers posted, and 2042 hats were awarded in three short weeks!
Sad to see your hats go? We’ve added a new section to HatDash.com to see your full Hat Rack. You can find it by taking your Gaming user page URL (like ‘gaming.stackexchange.com/users/3/david-fullerton’) and replacing the “gaming.stackexchange.com” part with “hatdash.com” (like ‘hatdash.com/users/3/david-fullerton’). Feel free to put a link to it in your user profile!
Curious to see how other people did? Visit the Hat Dash Hall of Fame:
Some random info for you:
- Rarest Hat: The Un-Hat — 3 upvoted posts in “uncharted-3” (only 2 users unlocked it)
- Most Common Hat: Editor Hat — edit a post (70 users were wearing it at the end of Hat Dash)
- Most Unappreciated Hat: The Chatterbox — 10 comments in a day (0 of 27 users who had it were wearing it at the end)
And some miscellaneous stats:
- 1151 questions and 2254 answers were asked during Hat Dash, 42% and 32% more than the pre-Dash average
- 59 bounties were awarded during Hat Dash, almost 3x the average!
- 102 brand new users earned and wore hats
- The top 50 hat earners posted 60% more than they did before Hat Dash
Star Wars: The Old Republic Contest
The conclusion of Hat Dash also ends the Star Wars: The Old Republic contest. Over 156 questions were asked, boosting SWTOR into the top 30 tags on the site (and still climbing!) and making it currently the #2 most-viewed tag on the site (behind only Skyrim):
The winners of the contest are:
- Matthew Read wins the Interactive R2D2 droid for having the most views across all his SWTOR questions
- Nick T wins the Replica Luke Skywalker Lightsaber for the top question: Where does The Old Republic fit in with KOTOR?
- Raven Dreamer wins the Replica Darth Vader Mask for the top answer: What is Centering?
The Future of Hats
Overall, Hat Dash was a resounding success: our top users loved it (averaging over 10 hats each!), and the event generated hundreds of questions and answers that would not normally have been posted. While there are things we could have done better, the basic idea of rewarding our awesome community and having some extra fun during the holidays worked!
So you can rest assured, this won’t be the last you see of HATS!
Star Wars: The Old Republic launches today! To celebrate, we’ve added four new Star Wars-themed hats:
Right after a game launches is the most important time to ask lots of questions about the game, so all of these hats are awarded for high-quality questions about Star Wars: The Old Republic:
- R2-D2 Dome: Ask 5 upvoted questions in the “star-wars-old-republic” tag
- Darth Vader Helmet: Ask 10 upvoted questions in the “star-wars-old-republic” tag
- Yoda Ears: Ask a question with 10 upvotes in the “star-wars-old-republic” tag
- Boba Fett Helmet: Ask a question with 1000 views in the “star-wars-old-republic” tag
Also, in the spirit of the season we’ll be giving away some prizes in the following categories:
- Most SWTOR Question Views (total views across all questions asked): Interactive R2D2 droid
- Top SWTOR Question (by votes): Replica Luke Skywalker Lightsaber
- Top SWTOR Answer (by votes): Replica Darth Vader Mask
(Note that each person can only win one prize, so if someone wins multiple we’ll go to the second place winner)
The hats and the contest end January 6, so get out there and ask some questions!
Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”
In wartime, hats were a useful way of conferring rank, and ensuring that casualties were confined to the lower classes… During peacetime, hats have been instrumental for men to let the non-hatted know just who is wearing the hat around here.
The holidays are almost upon us: a time for family, gifts, and of course hours and hours of video games. To celebrate the season (and since we heard you like hats) we thought we’d throw a little party. We’re calling it… Hat Dash!
What’s that you say? The holidays? Yes, yes, I know. I made that mistake once; I won’t forget again.
Oh, what’s this? A gift? Why, thank you! Oh, it’s not for me? It’s for the users? I see. Well open it and show them what it is.
Well, a hat! That does sound nice. But what good is a hat if you can’t wear it around? Oh. Oh I see! A digital hat to go on your digital head. And not just one hat? Dozens of hats to choose from! My, my. Yes, you have my attention. Please, go on.
Game hats! Of course, we are all about the games here, so there must be game hats. Ah, and I see what you did there, choosing the games people will likely be playing over the holidays. Very clever. And what’s this over here? Holiday hats? Well, I did always fancy some reindeer antlers. And surprise hats? Oh, my. Yes, I think they will like this.
Aha, of course, the catch. I knew there had to be one. So, I must earn each hat before I can wear it? Well, I suppose one has to keep the riff-raff out somehow. How will I earn them? By participating in the site? But I was going to do that anyway! How else would I admire all the wonderful hats on people’s…what did you call them? Gravatars?
But only for a limited time? Beginning when? December 17th! But that’s so soon! I have hardly any time to prepare! And ending January 6th? Just over two weeks to earn all these hats! Well, I have some work to do!
No, I’m very sorry, I simply cannot stay any longer. There are things I need to take care of, very important things that simply must be done before the weekend! Thank you ever so much for your time, it was quite inspiring. What’s that? Why, off to the furniture store of course! I can’t just pile my hats in the corner, now can I? This calls for a proper display case!
Yes, good luck to you as well! I suppose you’ll need it more than I! Ha ha, very good. Well, we’ll just have to see who has more in a few weeks, now won’t we? What did you say? A real hat for the winner? Yes, I suppose that’s fitting. I’ll be sure to send you my measurements — I have quite a big head, after all. You might say, a head made for spectacular hats! I simply won’t be denied. I MUST HAVE MORE HATS!