Posts Tagged ‘modding’
If you play Minecraft more for its creative aspect rather than the survival feel, you may be very interested in this mod. One of my previous blog posts showcased the Single Player Commands mod. SPC has the very handy /i command, but it gets very tedious to type each command in repeatedly to fill your inventory. The answer? TooManyItems!
Do you love Minecraft? Do you want to take it to the next level? Well that’s where Mods come in. A Mod is when someone adds functionality to Minecraft that wasn’t originally there. Take for example the Mo’ Creatures Mod: it adds all types of new mobs to Minecraft (including Unicorns)! Sound cool? Then how about we get started installing this mod!
What you’ll need:
- The Gui API – This allows the mod to add buttons to the settings area of Minecraft.
- Risugami’s ModLoader – This makes it easier for the person who made to mod to keep it up to date.
- Rosigai’s AudioMod – This adds custom sounds (which will need for the new animals).
- Mo’ Creatures – This adds the new mobs (including Foxes, Horses, and new evil mobs).
- TFC’s ModManager* – This makes installing the mods much easier.
*TFC’s ModManager isn’t required, but if you’re not comfortable directly editing a
.jar file, then I highly recommend you use it. If you would like to do it manually, you can use 7-zip or WinRar to copy the new files into the Minecraft.jar.